Frederic Sampedro Santalo. 21/09/1988, Barcelona, Spain. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is extremely outdated, please visit the following links with up-to-date information:
- [coursing] PhD in Medicine. Director: Prof. Ignasi Carrió. Autonomous University of Barcelona (Faculty of Medicine).
- [coursing] MSc in Intelligent Systems. Universitat Pompeu Fabra (IT department).
- MSc in Technological-based Business Administration. University of Barcelona (Faculty of Economics). Average grade of 85%.
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering. University of Barcelona and Polytechnic University of Catalonia. Average grade of 91%.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering. University of Barcelona (Faculty of Physics).Average grade of 89%.
- BSc in Computer Science. University of Barcelona (Faculty of Mathematics). Degree with Honors.Average grade of 95%.
Awards and Honors
- Honors BSc Degree (Computer Science).
- "Ángel Herrera" award for best high school student
July 2011 - September 2012
Member of the SIC-BIO group at the Faculty of Physics (Electronics department), University of Barcelona, with Josep Samitier as group leader.
June 2011 - Present
Collaboration with Hospital de Sant Pau: Nuclear Medicine Department, with Ignasi Carrio as group leader. I incorporated SISCOM and SPM software tools in the department and introduced the team to medical image processing theoretical concepts.
January 2010 - July 2010
Member of the TEETI group at the Faculty of Physics (Electronics department), University of Barcelona.
- Measuring and managing intellectual capital at a university hospital in the 21st century. F. Sampedro Camarena, Mª P Salmador Sánchez, F. Sampedro Santaló, E. Ruiz Castañé. 13th European Conference on Knowledge Management, Cartagena, Spain, 2012.
- Knowledge management and empowerment at a university hospital in the 21st century. F. Sampedro Camarena, Mª P Salmador Sánchez, F. Sampedro Santaló, E. Ruiz Castañé. 13th European Conference on Knowledge Management, Cartagena, Spain, 2012.
- Telomerase and telomere dynamics in ageing and cancer, current status and future directions. F. Sampedro Camarena, G.Cano Serral and F. Sampedro Santalo. Clinical & Translational Oncology (2007) pages 145-154.
- Biological samples imaging with tuning fork based nanosensors in ambient and liquid conditions. Laura Gonzalez, Jorge Otero, Luis Botaya, Roger Oria, Frederic Sampedro, Manel Puig-Vidal. IBEC (Institute for bioengineering of Catalonia) Symposium 2012.
- 18F-FDG in the evaluation of Patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and language or memory alteration. Liliana Ma.Quintero, Frederic Sampedro, Alejandro Fernandez, Valle Camacho. SEMNIM Congress 2012. Best poster award.
- Exploiting modular design of graph theory based software. A new software development approach in scientific applications and education. Frederic Sampedro, Anna Puig, Antoni Benseny. CEIG Congress 2012.
- BSc Dissertation: Design and implementation of graph theory based software tools with applications in Electronics, Chemistry and Biomedicine(description available in this link).
- MSc Dissertation (Biomedical Engineering): Design, implementation and characterization of quartz tuning fork based biosensors.
- MSc Dissertation (Electrical Engineering): Single cell impedance spectroscopy analysis in a robotized nanobiocharacterization station.
- Independent project with Emilio Cano (Hewlett-Packard Engineer): Computational simulation of the action potential generation and propagation across unmyelinated axons. Applications in sclerosis multiple and drug design.
- Programming experience: C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, Matlab/Simulink, R, Mathematica, LaTeX, Prolog, Assembler x86.
- Graphics and visualization: OpenGL, ITK/VTK.
- Database design and implementation: PostgreSQL and Microsoft Access.
- Operating systems administration: Windows (XP,7), Linux (Ubuntu,Debian), Mac OS X (Leopard).
- Electronic circuits design and simulation: PSPICE, CADENCE, VHDL.
- PCB design: P-CAD.
- Signal acquisition and real time monitoring: LabView, SUN-spot Java.
- Finite element modeling and simulation: ANSYS.
- Biomedical signal processing experience (ECG,EEG,EMG,spirometry) using MATLAB.
- Biosystems modeling (respiratory, vascular, biochemical and homeostatic systems) using Simulink.
- Biomedical volume and image processing: SPM, MRIcro,ParaView, Slicer3D, Phillips nuclear medicine stations.
- I earned Cambridge Advanced Certificate in June 2008. Native Spanish and Catalan and basic French (two years coursed during 2002-2003).
- Being passionate about what I learn, and having taken courses from a wide variety of fields, motivating examples and clear teaching come out fairly easy.
Into my others section I must mention that I own a B-type car licence and I'm an sport enthusiast. I played Tennis for 7 years (which involves a great mental training in competitions), Football and Basketball ( where group skills are needed to perform well ) and swimming (where precision and accuracy are essential).
My main interest is to become a researcher while teaching for some years undergraduate Biomedical Engineering courses. In order to achieve that goal, I plan to pursue a PhD in Medicine or Biomedical sciences while collaborating with all kinds of research groups in the field. Having an entrepreneur component, I am also interested in making the most of my research results within the biomedical market.